Emotional health is just as important as physical health, but people don’t stress the importance of psychological health as much as they should. Why wait till you have a mental break down? Could you seek help to manage your stress load before it all gets out of control?
There are tips to improving your emotional health and here are some of the following characteristics of a healthy life:
- A sense of contentment.
- A zest for living and the ability to laugh and have fun.
- The ability to deal with stress and bounce back from adversity.
- A sense of meaning and purpose, in both their activities and their relationships.
- The flexibility to learn new things and adapt to change.
- A balance between work and play, rest and activity, etc.
- The ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships.
- Self-confidence and high self-esteem.
Being in tune with your fears and anxious symptoms puts people in a better place toward combating life’s adversities.
The role of resilience in mental and emotional health it is very helpful. People who are emotionally and mentally healthy have the tools for coping with difficult situations and maintaining a positive outlook. They remain focused, flexible, and creative in bad times as well as good. Being able to know your feelings and emotions allows you to avoid getting stuck in depression, anxiety, or other negative mood states.
Picture by austingtherapyforgirls.com