Here are five great tips you can use in a daily routine.
1. Get shiny locks. Apply olive oil to shampooed, damp hair and wrap in a warm towel. Allow oil to sit for 20 minutes then rinse.
2. Spa up your bath. Add a few of drops of olive oil to your bath water to soften skin. Or create a paste of olive oil and salt or sugar as an all-over body scrub.
3. Treat dry hands and feet. Rub olive oil into dry, cracked feet before bed then cover them with socks for an overnight softening treatment. To keep cuticles healthy, soak nails in olive oil during your next at-home mani. For yellow-stained nails, add lemon juice to olive oil and rub into tips.
4. Remove makeup. Warm a couple drops of olive oil with your fingertips and rub on skin to dissolve makeup, then tissue off. Use it in place of your regular night-time moisturizer on extra dry days.
5. Soften chapped lips. Slick a little olive oil on your pout before going out in the cold to keep from flaking. Add a little sugar to olive oil and create a lip scrub.