If you’ve been following LATISM for a while, you know Education is one of the pillars of our mission. Just yesterday, we announced a national partnership with the College Board, who this week is holding its Prepárate Conference.
Minority students continue to face overwhelming barriers in educational attainment, notes a new report released by the College Board Advocacy & Policy Center. The report highlights some of the undeniable challenges among minority students, including a lack of role models, search for respect outside of education, loss of cultural memory, poverty challenges, language barriers, community pressures and a sense of a failing education system.
Tonight, we’d like to continue the conversation they have started at the conference [watch the livestream here], then join us at 9 pm EST as we discuss:
- How do we transform the educational system in America?
- What kinds of programs could work in dealing with these issues?
- How can education methodologies and objectives be elevated to 21st century standards?
- How do we build the capacity of educators and educational institutions to improve the chances of graduation for our students?
- HOSTESS: @ergeekgoddess
- DATE: Thursday – May 31, 2012
- TIME: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST
- TOPIC: Transforming Education in America
- GUESTS: @CollegeBoard
- HASHTAG: #LATISM #preparate12